Before you can place your transit order request with WageWorks, you will need to get a
Clipper Card. Going forward, your transit passes will be loaded on your Clipper Card.
There are multiple ways you can get a card:
In person pickup (immediately):
- All Walgreens stores
- Or any of the following retail locations:
If you pick up your Clipper Card,
you need to register your new Clipper Card directly
by either calling Clipper Customer Service (877.878.8883) or online at
Delivered to your home (takes 5 - 7 business days):
- Online at www.clippercard.com
- Or by calling Clipper Customer Service (877.878.8883)
Complete your WageWorks account set up either by phone or online.
Make sure you have following information ready:
- The last four digits of your County Employee ID
- Your Clipper card serial number
- By Phone:
Call 1-877-WageWorks (1-877-924-3967) to speak to a WageWorks Customer Service Representative. Be sure to give the last four digits of your County Employee ID, so they can look up your account.
Sign up for an online WageWorks account by going to
www.wageworks.com and clicking 'Register with WageWorks now'. Follow the five easy steps to register.
Upon completion of your WageWorks account set up, you will be able to log into your own WageWorks account and place your order.
Step 3 - Order your transit pass on WageWorks website
- Login to your account on www.wageworks.com with your WageWorks user name and password
- Click on "Enroll in Commuter"
- Click on "Place Commuter Order"
- Select "Transit"
- Select the "Clipper" transit provider
- Select the Clipper product you need
- Please be sure to accurately enter the serial number of your Clipper card. It's the 10 digit number on the bottom left corner of the back of the card
- Complete your order by checking the box and clicking "Submit Order"
Important - please read carefully:
- Your transit funds will be transferred to your clipper account by the 1st of the next benefit month, not immediately after completing your order.
- Once funds have loaded to your Clipper account, you need to tag your card at any Clipper reader.
Only when you tag the card, will your funds download to your card.
Check the following link for details.
- If you are ordering Caltrain passes, you must have a minimum of $1.25 in Clipper E-cash on your card in order for the transit.
Click here for information on clipper card load problems.
- You will receive an email confirmation. The information provided in the email is specific to your order, but also provides general pre-tax limit information. Since the County program is not combined with a payroll deduction, please disregard any references to pre-tax limits and payroll deductions. Your payroll deduction is calculated as zero and the County's $75 subsidy is offered in lieu of the pre-tax limit under this program.